We’re in the middle of Science Fair and book report season, but I squeezed in a few hours to finish this set of 1st Grade Math and Literacy worksheets for February. I’ve had so much fun with the February sets. I love the shapes and colors of Valentine’s Day. There’s a bit of brightness after the long winter, and you feel like a bit of spring is in the air.
The printables are all created to be an easy, no prep, addition to your lessons. Most of these worksheets fit in with a Valentine’s Day theme, but there is also a winter theme and even a bit of President’s Day going on as well. These worksheets are aligned with 1st Grade CCSS, and are great for morning work, math and literacy centers, independent work, and homework. Children will practice addition, subtraction, telling time, place value, word problems, parts of speech, digraphs, shades of meaning, punctuation, writing, and much more.
As always, I’ll give you a quick preview of the set so you can see all of the fun 25 worksheets inside.
* Solve for a Secret Message – Addition & Subtraction
* Valentine’s Theme – Color by Verb Tenses
* Oh So Sweet Cupcake Conjunctions
* Shades of Meaning Sort
* Roll, Add, and Color Penguin Friends – 3 Addend Addition
* 10 More/Less, 1 More/Less Cupcakes Worksheet
* Roll, Write, and Compare – Place Values
* Tens and Ones – Place Value
* Lots of Love Addition
* Commutative Property of Addition – Valentine’s Mailboxes Cut and Paste
* Busy Bee – Missing Numbers Subtraction
* True or False Equations – Cut and Paste
* Common, Proper, Possessive Noun Sort – Cut and Paste
* Plural and Singular Nouns – Cut and Paste
* Find and Graph – Parts of Speech: Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives
* Valentine’s Day Message – Punctuation Fix it Worksheet.
* Color by Digraphs Family Tree
* Looking for Root Words – Coloring worksheet
* Could it be a Silent E?
* A Bit of Chocolate multiples of 10 subtraction – Under 90
* Winter Word Problems
* Winter Time – Clocks
* My Opinion About Valentines Day – Opinion Writing Organizer
* How to Ride a Bike – Informative Writing Organizer
* If I Were President – Narrative Writing Organizer (President’s Day)
I hope you love these fun printables. I can wait to use the Silent E page as well as the How to Ride a Bike and If I Were President writing prompts. I love them all, but those are a few of my favorites. I would love to hear what your favorites are, and if there is something you would like to see more of. Just leave me a comment below.
SAVE 20% NOW when you buy the entire year!!