*This post may contain affiliate links. See disclosures for more details.Holidays are a great time to have a little bit of fun learning, and what better way to do it than with these 10 FREE educational activities for Thanksgiving. These are simple to setup and start learning with your littles. They will love the fun turkeys, cranberries, and corn included in these activities. The colors are bright and fun, and the activities are pretty awesome too.
Several of these activities are great for the preschool group, but you can also find things for the kids that are getting into elementary school as well. If you homeschool or teach in a classroom, these could be great activities for free time or centers. They are also the perfect thing to pull out at home during preschooler learning time or on a sick day for the older kids.
Here is your handy list of free Thanksgiving themed activities.
10 Free Educational Activities for Thanksgiving
- Thankful Paper Bag Book – This is an adorable craftivity to help children focus on what they are thankful for this Thanksgiving. They’ll create the book using paper bags and the free printables at the link above. Then on every page they’ll have the chance to write about and illustrate what they are thankful for!
- Turkey Alphabet Match – This educational activity is a set of cute turkey puzzles. Each turkey is split into two puzzle pieces. You put them together by finding the half of the turkey with a letter, and then adding the half that has a picture with that beginning sound. It’s great letter and sounds practice for the preschool through kindergarten age group!
- Math Thanksgiving Activity – Engage your little learners with this fun Thanksgiving themed math activity. We have colored craft sticks in our craft closet that would be perfect for this. This can stay out in your math centers if you’re a teacher or math shelf in your classroom. There are full instructions on how to create this set and adaptation suggestions too!
- Practical Life Button Turkey – Your preschooler is going to love practicing buttoning with this button turkey. Make this is super simple too. Just grab the left out of your fabric stash and custom make your own turkey in any size!
- FREE Printable Turkey Craft – This printable is an adorable turkey that the children get to cut out and put together. It is great cutting and coloring practice for the preschool and kindergarten age group. They can write what their thankful for on the back or even the feathers.
- Free Thanksgiving Mats for Pattern Blocks – Pattern blocks are one of my favorite manipulatives! Using them for Thanksgiving themed learning is such a great idea. This is a free printable you can make last by laminating it or slide it into a plastic sheet protector to keep it looking great.
- Watercolor Turkeys – Add a little art to your educational activities for Thanksgiving! Watercolor turkeys are great for decorating your Thanksgiving table or displaying in your art center. Allow your child to explore their creative side as they practice fine motor work by gluing on the fun googly eyes.
- Free Turkey Match Printable – Here’s a great free turkey themed math printable for your youngsters. Print and learn with this fun little turkey. Isn’t his face priceless? Laminate this one and keep it around for younger children or for number review next year!
- Thanksgiving Preschool Centers – This cute free printable helps the children practice matching letters and their beginning sounds. Each little turkey has a letter in his center. You attach the feathers to him that have his matching letter or pictures that begin with his sound. This is an awesome educational activity for preschool and kindergarten.
- Alphabet Turkey Match (Matching Uppercase and Lowercase Letters) – Start collecting milk caps for this great Thanksgiving themed alphabet learning activity. The turkey is a free printable with all the lowercase letters. You may also print for free a set of uppercase letters to glue onto your milk caps. Once your child has mastered matching upper and lowercase letters, change out the milk caps to pictures for beginning sound recognition.
I sure hope you get to get to enjoy one or more of these free educational activities for Thanksgiving. Have a bit of fun learning something!