Math is one of those things that requires a lot of repetition, and today I am sharing a new, cool math activity for kids. The best way I’ve found to take the monotony out of math, is to use a variety of activities. It keeps it new, interesting, and fun.
Math activities don’t have to be complicated. They can also be inexpensive and easy to put together as well. Simple and easy are the best kind in my opinion.
What matters is that they are helping children repeat and review math facts and skills that they need to be successful.
Cool Math Activity for Kids
This cool math activity for kids is very simple, but a lot of fun. It only takes a minute or two to put together, and can be used for a variety of math skills. Here’s how to make it:
- You’ll need to gather a few Styrofoam cups with a lip. You’ll also need a Sharpie or other marker to write with. Colored Sharpies could be a lot of fun.
- Write the numbers 0-5 around the rim/lip of 2 cups and 0-10 on another.
- Write an addition and subtraction symbol on the edge of 1 cup, and an equals sign on another.
- Stack the cups. First, a 0-5 cup. Second, addition or subtraction symbols cup. Third, the other 0-5 cup. Fourth, the equals sign cup. Finally, the 0-10 cup.
- Spin the different cups to make true equations.
These Print and Go Worksheets are Helping Teachers Around the World
*This post may contain affiliate links. Affiliate links are a great way for us to show you awesome products we love. The best part is, when you buy something you need through an affiliate link, they give us a small cut (at no extra cost to you) which helps us keep this blog running.
Do you own these Numbers and Letters yet. We LOVE them!
That’s the most simple version for beginning math. If you want to get more complicated for older grades, make these few changes.
- Write the numbers 0-9 on all of the numbered cups.
- Stack 2 number cups, addition or subtraction cup, 2 number cups, equals sign cup, and then 3 number cups. Mix it up however you need to to get the correct level for your kids and students.
You can also use this to practice multiplication and division. Make the adjustments to the cups to give yourself the correct answer combinations.
Math can be so fun and interactive. I hope you enjoyed this cool math activity for kids. Let us know how you use it in a comment below, or visit us on Youtube or Facebook.