It’s almost the end of the school year, and these end of the year writing prompts are the perfect writing activities to reflect back and record the school year. Most of the prompts encourage the students to talk about what they have experienced and learned throughout the year, but there are also some opportunities to express opinion and to be creative through fictional story telling. They are meant to be fun, reflective, and easy to use during the last few weeks of the school year.
Each writing prompt comes with a writing organizer to help the students prepare their thoughts, and then a draft page to write out rough and final drafts as they improve their writing. I’ve also included and editing checklist to encourage them to check their work and self edit. All of the printables come in black and white to save on ink, but they do have fun pictures to go with the prompt theme.
Here is a quick look at the prompts in this set. If you would like them for your classroom or home, just click on picture at the top of this post.
* My School Year
* My Favorite Party This School Year
* What I Hope to Do This Summer
* The Day Our Teacher Was Kidnapped By An Alien
* The Day My Friend Brought His Pet Dinosaur to School
* The Day All the Pencils Ran Away
* All About My School
* The Best Friend I’ve Made This School Year
* The Thing I’m Most Proud of This School Year
* My Favorite Lunch
* How to Have a Good School Year
* The Coolest Thing I’ve Learned in School This Year
* My Opinion About School Lunch
* My Opinion About School Buses
* My Opinion About School Uniforms
* My Opinion About Fundraisers
* The Best Activity in PE
* The Best Thing About School
Here is a sample of the draft pages as well.
I can’t wait to use these with my kids, and I hope you’ve enjoyed them too. Take a minute to pin your favorites, and, if you’d like, purchase the set to use in your classroom during these last few crazy weeks of school.
Hang in there, 🙂
Get the set FREE when you buy the whole year.